To activate lighting, press the Backlight key in the upper right corner of your G213 keyboard.
NOTE: For information on how to toggle the lighting on your gaming keyboard, see Game Mode and backlighting control on the G213 gaming keyboard.
Customize Lighting settings in LGS
NOTE: If you don’t have Logitech Gaming Software, you can get the latest version from this product’s Download page.
Open LGS and then click the Lighting Settings icon. You can select from two lighting mode effects and configure lighting for different game profiles.
Freestyle: The G213 gaming keyboard has five individually programmable lighting zones. Use the color selection wheel to select a stock color or customize your own. Then, click on the zone you want to apply the color to. You can choose to disable lighting for one or more zones. Select the black color on the bottom right of the stock color list, and click on the zone for which you wish to disable lighting.
Effects: Activate one of four different custom lighting effects:
- Fixed Color — Use the color selection wheel to choose a color or create your own custom color.
- Breathing — Select this option to activate a pulsating effect that simulates breathing. You can also configure the breathing effect rate. Click and drag the slider to the right to increase the rate of the breathing effect. Drag the slider to the left to decrease the rate.
- Color Cycle — Set the speed for how quickly the colors cycle on the keyboard.
- Color Wave — Select this option to set the colors to change horizontally, vertically, from the center out, or outside in. Use the slider to set the speed at which the colors cycle.
Per Profile Backlighting
The lighting customization options universally affect the G213 gaming keyboard by default. However, you can also configure lighting settings to be set on a per game profile basis.
To enable per profile backlighting:
- Click on the double left arrows in the top-right corner of the LGS window.
- Check the box to Enable per profile backlighting. A list of active LGS game profiles will appear below the checkbox.
NOTE: The Default Profile is selected by default.
- Select a game from the list to begin configuring lighting settings for that game's profile. Click Scan for New Games to search your computer for recently installed games that may have associated game profiles in LGS.