This problem is likely to be a lost connection. The connection between the mouse and the USB mini-receiver can be lost due to several reasons such as:
- Low battery
- Moving the USB mini-receiver from one USB port to another
- Moving the USB mini-receiver to another computer
- Plugging the USB mini-receiver into a USB hub or other unsupported device such as a KVM switch (your USB mini-receiver must be plugged directly into your computer)
- Using your cordless mouse on metal surfaces
- Radio frequency (RF) interference of more powerful wireless devices such as:
- Wireless speakers
- Computer power supplies
- Cellular telephones
- Garage door openers
Eliminate any problem sources mentioned above that might be affecting your devices.
Before connecting your V220:
Make sure you have a fresh battery in your mouse. For battery installation instructions, see Knowledge Base article 360023217554.
Make sure the mouse is turned on. The power switch on the bottom of the mouse should be set to ON.
Make sure the USB mini-receiver is directly and securely plugged into a working USB port on your computer.
Turn your computer on.
Follow the procedures below to reconnect your mouse.
Reconnecting your V220 mouse
Verify that you have the latest version of SetPoint installed. Download the latest version on the V220 Downloads Page.
Open the Logitech Connect Utility (Start > Programs > Logitech > Mouse and Keyboard > Connect Utility).
Follow the on-screen instructions.
The mouse should be re-connected within 2 seconds. If the connection is not confirmed within 30 seconds, the utility will ask you to perform the procedure again. If the mouse works, click on Done to exit the Re-connection Utility window.
If the mouse still fails to connect after several tries, reboot the system and try the process again.