Before you update, make sure you know the name of the manufacturer and model number. Here’s how you can find those details on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10:
- Press and hold the Windows key, then press R. In the Run box, type msinfo32, and then click OK or press Enter.
- In the System Summary tab, in the right pane:
- Your motherboard’s manufacturer is listed next to System Manufacturer
- Your motherboard’s model number is listed next to System Model
- If the manufacturer model is not listed under System Information, then refer to your motherboard manual or look for the physical motherboard model number, which should be located near the chipset.
After you locate the manufacturer and model number, follow these steps to download and update your USB and chipset drivers:
- Go to the support or service section of your motherboard manufacturer’s website.
- Navigate to the corresponding product page.
- Locate the download section on the product page.
- Download the latest chipset and USB drivers for your version of Windows and its bit rating. If you need help, see the Microsoft article How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of Windows at www.microsoft.com.
- Install both driver files.
NOTE: Steps 1-3 may vary depending on the manufacturer.