Before you update, make sure you know the name of the manufacturer and model number. Here’s how you can find those details on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10:
- Press and hold the Windows key, then press R. In the Run box, type msinfo32, and then click OK or press Enter.
- In the System Summary tab, in the right pane:
- Your motherboard’s manufacturer is listed next to System Manufacturer
- Your motherboard’s model number is listed next to System Model
- If the manufacturer model is not listed under System Information, then refer to your motherboard manual or look for the physical motherboard model number, which should be located near the chipset.
- Go to the support or service section of your motherboard manufacturer’s website.
- Navigate to the corresponding product page.
- Locate the download section on the product page.
- Download the latest chipset and USB drivers for your version of Windows and its bit rating. If you need help, see the Microsoft article How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of Windows at www.microsoft.com.
- Install both driver files.
NOTE: Steps 1-3 may vary depending on the manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Show All Downloads