This article applies to the following platforms:
Before setting up your Logitech camera within Google voice and video chat, you must first check that your Logitech camera is fully functional using the Logitech software.
Verify proper webcam functionality by executing the following steps
- Install QuickCam software and drivers
- Launch the QuickCam application (Start > Programs > Logitech > Logitech QuickCam)
- Start the QuickCapture application to verify you can see yourself
- Once verified exit the QuickCam application
Configure settings in Google voice and video chat
Log in to your Gmail account and execute the following steps
- Click on the Settings tab
- On the Settings screen, click on the Chat tab
- Your devices should be automatically detected
- After the device detection process completes, confirm that the device selection drop downs are correct
Camera: Your logitech camera should be selected
Microphone: Your logitech microphone should be selected
Speakers: Please select your speakers
- Click on the Verify your settings link, to confirm camera functionality with Google voice and video chat
NOTE: If you experience technical difficulties please click the Troubleshoot your settings link
The remaining portion of the Chat page has other settings that will need your attention. Please place a checkmark right next to the settings that seem apropriate to your needs.
Starting a Video Chat
After you have made all necessary settings adjustments, you may start a video chat with individuals that are availabe in your contacts list.
- Hover you mouse cursor over the contact you would like to video chat with
- Click the Video & more option
- Click Start video chat
NOTE: In order for the Video and more option to be available, the selected contact must be online and available.