If you have to constantly reconnect your mouse, try the following:
- Keep other electrical devices at least 8 inches (20 cm) away from the USB mini-receiver.
- Move the mouse closer to the mini-receiver.
- Use the USB receiver/charger stand to move the mini-receiver to different locations or positions (upright/vertical, rotating to a different angle, etc).
- Elevate the mini-receiver in the USB stand by placing it on a book, CD ROM case or similar non-metallic item.
The connection between the G7 mouse and the mini-receiver can be lost due to several reasons such as:
- Low batteries
- Moving the USB mini-receiver from one USB port to another
- Moving the USB mini-receiver to another computer
- Plugging the USB mini-receiver into a USB hub or other unsupported device such as a KVM switch (your USB mini-receiver must be plugged directly into your computer).
- Using your cordless mouse on metal surfaces
- Radio frequency (RF) interference of more powerful wireless devices such as:
- Wireless speakers
- Computer power supplies
- Cellular telephones
- Garage door openers