- Launch the Logitech Harmony Remote software and login to your account
- From the Harmony homepage, click on the button for the Activity you wish to customize
- Determine whether you want to customize a Standard or Additional button.
- Standard Buttons are the hard buttons on your remote.
- Additional Buttons are the buttons on the remote's LCD screen.
- To map a command to a Standard button, from the Button list select the one you wish to customize. In this example, "mute" is used
- From the Device column, select the device that you want to control with this button
- From the Command column select the command you want the button to send from the dropdown list
- Once finished, click on the button at the bottom of the page to save your changes
- Update your remote
Mapping a command to an Additional button on the LCD:
To modify commands on the LCD screen, click on the Additional Buttons tab at the top of the page.
- In the Button column, select the button you wish to customize, from 1 to 4 for each page. The illustration of the remote below shows where each button is placed on the display. In this example, we will assign the Guide command for the PVR to the third button position
- In the text box in the Button column for the third button position, type in "Guide"
- In the Device column, select the device you with to send the command to. In this example, we will use the PVR
- In the Command column, select the command you want from the dropdown list
Navigating the Additional Buttons page
- You can delete a command by clicking the trash can icon beside it
- You can move commands to different button positions by using the arrows
- Click on the button to add another page
- Click on the button if the command you need is not in the drop-down box. You will be able to capture the button from your original remote. For more information, Please see 360023217754 - Learning a command from your original remote to the Harmony remote
- Click on the button to create a custom sequence of 5 commands for a single button. For more information, please see 360023217754 - Mapping a Sequence of commands to a single button on the remote
After making any changes, ensure that you click on the Done button to save the button customizations. The last step is to update your remote. Connect the Harmony 880 to your computer’s USB cable and click on the Update Remote button on the Harmony homepage
If a command isn't mapped correctly for a specific device in Device mode please see 360023217754 - How to customize buttons in Device mode for a Harmony 600 series remote