Change Universal Serial Bus controllers settings
- Click the Windows Start flag and type device manager in the search box. In the Programs list, click Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
- Click the arrow next to Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand the list, then right-click USB Root Hub, and click Properties.
- In the USB Root Hub Properties window, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power to disable the setting.
Disable USB Selective Suspend
- Click Start and in the search box, type power options. In the Programs list, click Power Options.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
- Click Change plan settings for the power plan you use.
- Click Change advanced power settings. The Power Options window appears.
- In the Power Options window, expand USB settings, and then expand USB selective suspend setting.
- (For laptop users only) To prevent Windows from turning off the USB root hub when the computer is running ‘On battery’ power, select Disabled in the On battery list.
- To prevent Windows from turning off the USB root hub when the computer is ‘Plugged in’ to a power outlet, select Disabled in the Plugged in list and then click OK.
For more information, please refer to the Microsoft knowledge base: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930312