- Requires 1 AA alkaline battery
- Expected battery life is up to 12 months
Checking battery status
You can check your mouse battery status using the Logitech SetPoint mouse and keyboard software. See answer 360023409253 for instructions.
Installing a new battery
Flip the mouse over and press the battery cover release button to remove the battery cover.
Install the new battery, making sure it faces the correct direction, as shown:
Battery performance tips
Your mouse enters standby mode to conserve power when it is not in use. Here are some other ways you can help extend the battery life:
- Use only alkaline batteries. Non-alkaline batteries (such as NiMH,or NiCd) operate at a lower voltage and may affect the battery life.
- Avoid using your mouse on dark or transparent surfaces, such as glass. These surfaces cause the optical sensor to use more power.
- Make sure replacement batteries are new and within the manufacturer's expiration date.