There are two versions of the M705 mouse:
- M705 Marathon Mouse original release
- M705 Marathon Mouse released in 2018
While these mice are basically the same, there is one important difference:
- The M705 mouse released prior to 2018 uses SetPoint
- The M705 mouse released in 2018 uses Logitech Options
The new M705 also no longer supports the thumb button.
To determine which mouse you have, simply turn the mouse over and look at the bottom:
- The earlier M705 mouse (on the left, below) has a long mouse foot across the top. The sensor is round.
- The 2018 M705 mouse (on the right, below) has two small mouse feet at the top. The sensor is oval.