Please use the following troubleshooting steps to solve or narrow down your issue:
Check your transformer Connections:
- Check the power supply is connected properly in the transformer and the transformer has 8-24VAC and 10 VA or higher. Is it actually putting out the correct voltage for its rating?
- If you have access to a multimeter, check the voltage on the Chime Kit.
- Make sure you have no other wall chimes or doorbells connected to the transformer
Take a look at the doorbell wall mount:
- On some mounting surfaces the wall mount can flex in such a way so that the pins on the back of the doorbell do not make contact with the brass plates. Loosening the screws can sometimes resolve the issue.
- Also make sure that the screws holding the wall mount in place do not extend above the recess slot that they sit in. If they are making contact with the back of the doorbell it can cause the pins on the back of the doorbell to not make contact with the wall mount’s brass plates.
- On the wall mount, make sure that the wires that go into the back of the doorbell are locked into the wire catches on the back of the mount and not just friction locked in the hole to the catch.
Check the settings:
Make sure the wall chime is not turned off in the HomeKit settings for the doorbell.
- If you have a digital wall chime, try turning down the volume.
- If digital, try picking a different tune.
Check the Chime Kit connection:
Make sure that the Chime Kit is connected correctly, as shown:
Swap the positions of wires 2 & 3 going into the Chime Kit.