- Requires 1 AA alkaline battery
- Expected battery life is up to 12 months (1 year)
Checking battery status
You can check the battery status for your mouse using the Logitech SetPoint mouse and keyboard software. See answer 360023241914 for instructions.
Installing New Battery
When you install the battery for your mouse, make sure it faces the correct direction, as shown in the following image:
Extending battery life
Your mouse enters standby mode to conserve power when it's not in use. Here are some other ways you can help extend the battery life:
- Use only alkaline batteries. Non-alkaline batteries (such as NiMH or NiCd) operate at a lower voltage and may affect the battery life.
- Avoid using your mouse on dark or transparent surfaces, such as glass. These surfaces cause the optical sensor to use more power.
- Make sure replacement batteries are new and within the manufacturer's expiration date.