This article applies to the following products:
All WiLife camera kits
This article applies to the following platforms:
There are a number of reasons why you may receive an 'incorrect username/password' error while setting up email alerts. Most of these are either due to incorrect entry of username or incomplete entry of required information. Please see below for solutions
To resolve the issues, please see the following suggestions:
- Check the name you entered in the Email Alert fields. The SMTP server sometimes requires you to enter your username and domain for your User Name. For example, email@example.com. This is not uncommon for Windows networks that have different internal and external domains.
Also check the following:
- Typo incorrect username or password
- Capitalization error in username or password fields
- An account that is locked because of too many failed password attempts
Use these instructions as a guide to validating the setup information is correct in the fields:
- In the Email Address field, enter your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Username field, enter your account name. (Remember that this includes the username and the domain name, i.e. email@example.com
- In the Password field, enter your account password.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server, enter the mail server domain name, for example: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- If you do not know your Outgoing Mail Server domain name, please refer to your service providers technical documents or contact their support site. ( Note: some "free" email sites to not provide a Outgoing Mail Server)