Tips for identifying Manufacturer:When adding devices to your Harmony account, it is important to correctly identify your components so that your Harmony 890 remote can control them as efficiently as possible. Below are some tips to help with figuring out how to add your devices correctly:
Tips for identifying the Device Type for your devices:
- a general category description
- examples: Television, VCR, CD Player, DVD Player, Stereo Receiver, Amplifier, Game Console, etc.
- also referred to as “make” or “brand name”
- typically on the front of the component
- sometimes on the label with the Model Number
- examples: Sony®, Phillips®, Denon®, DirecTV®, TiVo®, etc.
Tips for identifying Model Number:
- also “Model” or “M/N”
- usually on a label on the front, back or bottom of the component
- the model number may be different than model name
- also found in the component’s user manual
- NOT the model number on the old remote control
- NOT the serial number (SN) which is usually much longer
- examples: RC-QN3BK, CT-36XF36C, Explorer 3100, L32 HDTV 10A, etc.
- 360023383893 - My device manufacturer is not listed in the Logitech Harmony Remote Software
- 360023383893 - Confirming the correct remote codes from your original remote with a Harmony remote
Frequently Asked Questions
Show All Downloads