This may occur if the Windows drivers for the LCS-1040 do not load correctly. To reload the drivers, please use the following instructions.
- Click "Start," select "Settings," then "Control Panel."
- Double-click "System."
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the plus (+) sign next to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers." If there are yellow or red marks on "USB Universal Host Controller" or "USB Root Hub," please contact the computer manufacturer. These marks indicate a problem with the computer´s USB port. If the marks are not present proceed to step 5.
- Remove the entry for "Labtec USB Composite Device," if it exists.
- Click the plus (+) sign next to "Human Interface Devices" and remove "Labtec HID Audio Controls," if the entry exists.
- Click the plus (+) sign next to "Sound, Video and game controllers" and remove "Labtec USB Audio," if the entry exists.
- Restart the computer with the Labtec LCS-1040 speakers disconnected.
- Once Windows has finished loading, reconnect the speakers. Windows should load drivers for the speakers.
- Test the speakers.
NOTE: Labtec LCS-1040 speakers are supported under the Windows 98 operating system only. They should work with Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Mac OS 9; however, we do not provide support for these operating systems.