You can add devices to your account at any time. Your Harmony 600 can control up to 5 devices. The Harmony 650 and 700 remote can control up to 8 devices.
To add devices to your account
After you’ve completed the initial setup of your home entertainment devices, or when you return later and log into your Harmony account, the home page appears. The tabs are located on the left of the screen.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click Add a Device.
Before your Harmony remote can control your home entertainment device, it needs to know the manufacturer and model number information.
If you haven’t done so already, take a few minutes to locate and record the manufacturer and model number information. If you need help finding the required information, please see Knowledge Base article 360023217974.
- Enter the manufacturer name of the device you want to add to your account.
NOTE: As you type, a list matching your entry appears. The list will continue refining as you type so keep typing until you see your manufacturer. Once you do, click it. If you’ve finished typing your manufacturer name and it didn’t appear in the list, don’t worry – we’ll determine the device after you click Add. For now, check to make sure the name you entered matches the name of your device exactly.
- Enter the model number of the first device you want to add to your account, checking to make sure the model number you
entered matches the model number of your device exactly.
- When you’ve entered the manufacturer and model number, click Add. If the information you entered matches an entry in our database, you’ll be prompted to confirm that the model number we’ve recorded for your device is correct.
If the model number you entered doesn’t match an entry in our database, see Knowledge Base article 360023217974 for additional instructions.
- Confirm that the model number shown matches the model number of your device. If the model number doesn’t match, click No to return to the previous page and re-enter the information. If the model number matches, click Yes to continue. The Devices page shows that the device has been successfully added to your account.
- If you’d like to add another device, repeat steps 2 through 6 to add your next device.
- If you want the new device to be included in any of your activities, or create a new activity for this device, do it now.
See Knowledge Base article 360023217974or Knowledge Base article 360023217974.
- When you’ve finished adding devices and modifying activities, connect your Harmony remote to your computer using the USB cable then click Sync, Sync Now.
NOTE: If you do not have your Harmony remote connected to your computer, you are prompted to connect it using the USB cable.
- A page appears showing the progress as your Harmony remote is updated with your device information.
The sync process could take a few minutes as your Harmony remote is updated with your account information. During the update, do not unplug your Harmony remote unless prompted to do so.
- Click Finish to display the home page where you can further customize your remote settings and make additional changes to your Harmony account.