To get better quality image using Logitech Webcam Software (LWS):
- Connect your camera directly to a USB port or your computer (NOT a hub or docking station).
- Make sure your USB 2.0 port is working at a high speed. (See answer 360023239034 for help.)
- Check that your system meets the recommended Dual Core CPU requirements.
- Avoid multi-tasking while capturing video, as this requires a lot of CPU usage.
- Get the latest driver for your camera.
- Improve the lighting conditions in the room.
- Make sure you've met all of the requirements listed above.
Check your internet connection speed (www.speakeasy.net/speedtest). You need at least 384kps of upload speed and one megabit for downloading.
NOTE: Sometimes, your current internet speed isn't what you're told by your internet provider or you may be using the internet during a period of heavy traffic.
- Try a different IM application, which may provide better results.
- Consider that the image quality problem could be with the sender's computer rather than your own.
NOTE: If you don't own a high-speed or USB 2.0 camera, your image quality may never be as good as a camera with USB 2.0 capabilities.