Check your mouse battery level and recharge the battery in your mouse if necessary. Low or dead batteries can affect cursor movements.
Use a mouse pad and avoid using your mouse on:
- Glass or other see-through surfaces.
- Reflective surface such as a mirror or metal desk.
- Wood grains and grooved surfaces.
- Matted or very high gloss finished surfaces.
Avoid using gaming mouse pads currently on the market that are designed and optimized for optical mice. The optimal tracking surface for Logitech's gaming-grade laser is different than that of optical mice.
- Use the included USB receiver/charger stand to relocate the receiver to a different location or move your mouse closer to the receiver. Also see Knowledge Base article 360023216454.
If the above steps do not solve your erratic cursor movement, the erratic movement may be caused by software.
If the cursor speed is set too fast, the cursor can move so fast it will appear erratic. This can be fixed by adjusting the mouse settings in Logitech's Mouse and Keyboard software (SetPoint). Also see Knowledge Base article 360023216454.