By default, when you first set up the Harmony 300 remote, we select a device to control volume. In most cases, this device is your TV.
If your home entertainment system contains another device capable of controlling volume, you can change which device controls volume.
To change which device controls volume
1. Go to myharmony.com and log in to your account.
2. From the Home page, click Change or Fix What a Button Does.
3. On the Change or Fix a Button - Device Selection page, select the device you want to make changes to and click OK.
4. On the Change or Fix What a Button Does page, hover the mouse pointer over the Volume Up or Volume Down button on the remote image, and then click Setup.
5. The Set Up your Volume Controls page shows which device controls volume for each device mode. For each device mode (TV, Cable/Sat, DVD, and VCR/Aux), choose which device changes volume by selecting the device from the drop-down list.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Sync Remote to update your remote with these settings.