This article applies to the following products:
All WiLife camera kits
This article applies to the following platforms:
WiLife Command Center is set by default to record on motion. There are other options available such as continous recording or no recording. You can set specific recording times and days for each camera. You may select times for:
- continuous recording
- motion activated recording
When you designate times when recording is off, WiLife application will not send email alerts during these time periods. Follow these steps to create a New Recording or Alert Schedule:
- Setup > Recording then press " SCHEDULE RECORDING TIME" button.
In software version 2.0:
- Click on " new event" tab or drag and drop on schedule calendar to open Schedule Event Properties window
- Name your event and choose time and day range desired in the Schedule Event Properties window.
- Select Event type. Continuous or Turn off. Note motion recording is default setting.
NOTE: With Platinum upgrade there are additional options available to Arm Motion alerts or choose reporting for No Motion. There are also options for motion frequency and filtering of alerts.
- Check box to select Event options for each camera.
In software version 1.6 and below:
- Go to Setup>Recording> Check "enable motion recording for camera" if you want periods of motion activated recording
- Create a new recording schedule to turn on continuous recording for a specified time period or to turn off all recording for a specified time period. Default setting is for motion recording during times not designated as off or continuous.
You create a new recording scheduled using the Recording Schedule screen. To accomplish this task, follow these instructions:
- Open the Setup > Recording tab screen.
- Click the button for the camera you wish to program.
- Click the Schedule Recording Time button.
- Click the New button to indicate you are creating a new entry.
- Set your Start and End time, Days option, and choose between Continuous and Off. Default setting is for motion recording during times not designated as off or continuous.
Continuous Mode Off Mode Continuously record on the set days and times, even if there is no motion on the camera. Disable recording on the set days and times, even if there is motion on the camera.
NOTE: In version 1.6 and below, these schedules can not cross over the midnight timeframe. You must set two schedules. for instance one from 10:00 PM until 11:59 PM and another from 12:00 AM until 5:00 AM.
- Click the Apply button to save the schedule. You will notice the scheduled recording is added to the schedule list.
NOTE: Setting up continuous recording will require more hard drive space.
Please note it will take a few minutes for the new schedule to take effect.