You can use G HUB to download an animation for your keyboard. Here’s how:
- Open G HUB and on the Home page, click SEE THE NEWEST LIGHTING EFFECTS.
- The LIGHTING profile window opens. From here you can search, click on one of the tags across the top to refine a search, or scroll through the most recently uploaded profiles.
- If you know the name of the Animation Effect you can start typing it into the search bar at the top. For example, typing ‘matrix’ and pressing Enter will start the search. You don’t need the entire name — you can use partial names or author names to find your animation effect.
- Some animations will work better on keyboards that are either RGB or monocolor (one) color. The easiest way to check is if the keyboard in the image matches yours or the if the keyboard is RGB or monocolor.
- Some keyboards have more or fewer keys. Animations for different style keyboards will still work. Some buttons might not be animated, but you can edit the animation to match.
- Once you locate the animation, you can like, download, or VIEW the animation effect for details. On the details page, you can see an example of the animation effect.
- Click DOWNLOAD from either the details or from the search results.
- Once the animation has finished downloading you can APPLY NOW or NOT NOW. If you click NOT NOW then the animation is still available in your LIGHTSYNC Animation Effects but you will need to manually activate it.
- Click APPLY NOW. You should see the animation effect start on your keyboard. To change the animation, go to the LIGHTSYNC effects page and select a different animation or effect.