- Activating Smart Alerts
- Viewing event alerts (now with notification snapshots)
- Event alerts for Circle Safe Premium Users
- Launching the Circle app from the Smart Alerts
Activating Smart Alerts
To activate Smart Alerts:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Tap Event Alerts next to the camera whose Smart Alerts you want to activate.
- The Smart Alerts menu page will open if this is the first time you are setting up alerts. Slide the Smart Alerts toggle right to enable (if not already enabled).
When you activate Smart Alerts, Circle has default event and system alerts, including:
- Event alerts
- System alerts
- Your camera is offline — this could be due to your network or internet going down, or for any other reason.
- Your camera runs out of battery charge — if you’re using your Circle Camera without the charging dock, you may want to activate Battery Saving Mode (click here for instructions).
Viewing event alerts (now with notification snapshots)
There two types of event alerts that are generated for users:
- With the Logi Circle app version 3.2 and later, all Android devices supported by the app (Android 4.4 or later) and Apple devices with iOS 10 or later, will have event alerts that include a snapshot of the activity that was detected by the camera.
- With all previous versions of the app and devices running versions of iOS and Android not listed above, event alerts will not include snapshots.
There are two views of event alerts with notification snapshots regardless of OS:
- A compact view of the alert with a small square thumbnail of the snapshot.
- An expanded view of the alert with a larger version of the snapshot and additional actions that the user can take.
Expanded notification view on Android
In the notification drawer, drag the notification downwards with one finger to see the expanded notification view. If you have a lot of notifications, dragging down might scroll instead of expanding the view. Pinch and expand the notification using two fingers if that occurs.
Expanded notification view on iOS
Your iOS version and device determine how you interact with the notification to trigger the expanded notification view:
- With iOS 10 and iOS 11 on an iPhone 6s and later, press deeply on the notification and wait for the haptic feedback.
- With iOS 10 on an iPhone 6 and earlier, iPod or iPad, swipe the notification from right to left and tap “View”.
- With iOS 11 on an iPhone 6 and earlier, iPod or iPad, you can either swipe the notification from right to left and tap “View” or press deeply on the notification.
Event alerts for Circle Safe Premium Users
There is a difference in the event alerts and the notification snapshots generated for cameras with Circle Safe Premium vs cameras with no paid subscriptions or Circle Safe Basic.
Cameras with no paid subscriptions and cameras on Circle Safe Basic will see event alerts with activity detected and the following snapshots:
- Square thumbnails that are simple square crops of the full scene captured by the camera.
- Expanded thumbnails that are based on the full scene captured by the camera.
Cameras with Circle Safe Premium have additional analysis, such as Person Detection and Motion Zones, that can help the system create more personalized alerts with localized and informative snapshots:
- The square thumbnails will be zoomed in where possible on the part or object(s) in the notification snapshot that triggered the recording.
- The expanded thumbnails will also be zoomed in and centered where possible on the source of motion.
Launching the Circle app from the Smart Alerts
- Tapping an event alert in app versions 3.2 and after will launch the Circle app and open the activity bubble corresponding to the notification.
- Tapping an event alert in app versions prior to 3.2 will launch the Circle app and open the Live View of the corresponding camera.
- In the expanded view of the event alerts, you will see both Event and Live buttons and can choose where to go.