To begin troubleshooting, please select your operating system:
- In the Device Manager, change the Bluetooth wireless adapter power settings:
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager
- In Device Manager, expand Bluetooth Radios, right-click on the Bluetooth wireless adapter (ex. Dell Wireless 370 adapter), and then click Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer to apply the change.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth preference pane in System Preferences:
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth
- In the bottom-right corner of the Bluetooth preference window, click Advanced.
- Make sure all three options are checked:
- Open Bluetooth Setup Assistant at startup if no keyboard is detected
- Open Bluetooth Setup Assistant at startup if no mouse or trackpad is detected
- Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer
NOTE: These options ensure that Bluetooth-enabled devices can wake your Mac, and that the OS X Bluetooth Setup Assistant will launch if a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse or trackpad is not detected as connected to your Mac.
- Click OK.