Harmony One remote is not consistently charging the battery, or not charging at all.
- Ensure the AC adaptor is connected to wall outlet and charger.
- If the white LED light at the top of the charger does not come on try a different outlet.
- Check the Brightness setting on the bottom of the charger and ensure it is set to the top full brightness setting.
- If multiple outlets fail to get the LED to light, then contact support.
- Is there corrosion or foreign material on the contacts of either the remote or the charger?
- Try cleaning the contacts on the remote and on the charger with rubbing alcohol.
- Let dry and see if the remote will start charging again.
- Remove the battery from the remote and look at gold contacts of the battery.
- If there are not visible markings or scratches on the gold contacts signifying contact with the remote connectors, then contact support.
- Is there extra space inside the battery compartment that causes the battery to come loose from the connecting pins? As a temporary solution, try putting a paper wedge and see if that will fix the problem. If that does, then contact support.
- Place the remote (without battery) onto the charging base. Does the LCD screen of the remote briefly come on, and then go off? Try this a few times to confirm the behavior.
- If the remote fails to briefly turn on, then contact support.
- Replace the battery and update the Harmony remote with your current configuration using the Logitech Harmony Remote Software. Charge the battery for a minimum of 3 hours.
- If the remote does not display a charging battery icon during when first placed into the cradle and then fades off, then contact support.
- If the remote does start charging after 3 hours on the cradle, then continue to use the remote as normal.
NOTE: The charging screen on the remote does not change as the level of charge in the remote increases. It will always display an image indicating that the battery is less than half full but charging. The white light on the charger is not a charging indicator and only glows to indicate that it is correctly powered. It does not turn green to indicate a full charge.
To increase the efficiency in resolving your issue please copy and paste the questions below into the Detailed Description field on the Contact Support page. Provide responses to all of the questions before submitting your email.
1. Provide the PID numbers for the REMOTE and CHARGER.
Found on the inside of the battery compartment under the battery, and on the bottom side of the charger. Each PID number begins with 2 letters (LZ, or WD)
2. Is the AC cord plugged in, and the white LED on the cradle on?
3. Is there corrosion or foreign material on the contacts of either the remote or the charger?
4. With the battery in hand, please examine and check the gold contacts on the battery. Does the middle pin have a tiny scratch signifying it was connected to the remote?
5. Is there extra space inside the battery compartment that causes the battery to come loose from the pins that it connects to?
6. With the battery out of the remote and it placed on the charger, does it briefly turn on to a white screen? Try this a few times to confirm behavior.
7. Placed onto the charging cradle does the remote show that it is charging? Does downward pressure on the remote help?
8. Did the battery ever boot or power the remote?
Please provide us with the following information as well.
First name, Last Name
(no P.O. Boxes please)