Connect your keyboard to your device
Choose how you want to pair your keyboard to your device. You have two options:
*For Chrome OS users we recommend connecting to your device only through Bluetooth Low Energy. USB receiver connectivity has some limitations.
A white LED on your keyboard (on the Connect key) will start blinking.
Open the Bluetooth settings on your device. Add a new peripheral by selecting the K650 keyboard from your list of devices. Your keyboard and mouse are paired once the LEDs stop blinking.
Your keyboard is now ready to use.
IMPORTANT: Don't remove the pull-tabs from your keyboard and mouse yet.
Insert the receiver into any available USB port on your desktop or laptop.
Remove the pull-tab from your keyboard. It will automatically turn on. When the white LED on the Connect key stops blinking, your device is successfully connected.
IMPORTANT: Windows is the default OS layout. If you are using a Windows computer you can skip this step. Your keyboard is now ready to use.
Learn More About Your Product
- Batteries + receiver compartment (keyboard bottom side)
- Connect key + LED (white)
- Battery Status LED (green/red)
- On/Off switch
If you are not using your Logi Bolt USB receiver, you can safely store it inside your keyboard:
To store it on your keyboard:
- Remove the battery door from the bottom of your keyboard.
- The receiver compartment is located to the right of the batteries.
- Place your Logi Bolt receiver in the compartment and slide the receiver to the right to secure it.
You have a full range of useful productive tools on your keyboard that will help you save time and work faster. Most of these keys work without the need of installing software except for:
- Mute Microphone key: Install Logitech Options+ to work on Windows and Mac. It works out of the box on Chrome OS
- Close browser tab key, Settings key and Calculator key: Install Logitech Options+ to work on Mac. It works out of the box on Windows and Chrome OS
|F-Row Keys||Main Function||Secondary Function|
|Snip & sketch||F7|
|Back in Browser||F9|
|Refresh in Browser||F10|
|Open tab in browser||F11|
|Close tab in browser||F12|
|Show Desktop||Scroll lock|
Language Switch Key
|Main Function||Secondary Function|
|Input Language Switch||Insert|
|Hot Keys||Main Function||Secondary Function|
Your keyboard is designed to work with multiple operating systems (OS): Windows, macOS, Chrome OS.
FOR WIN AND MACOS KEYBOARD LAYOUT
|If you are a macOS user, the special characters and keys will be on the left side of the keys:||If you are a Windows, user, the special characters will be on the right side of the key:|
|*MacOS layout is compatible with iOS and iPadOS as well||*Windows layout is compatible with Linux and Android as well|
FOR CHROME OS KEYBOARD LAYOUT*
If you are a Chrome user, you will find one dedicated Chrome function, Launcher key, on top of the Start key. Make sure you have selected the Chrome OS layout (FN+C) when you connect your keyboard.
*For Chrome OS users we recommend connecting to your device only through Bluetooth Low Energy.
Battery Status Notification
Your keyboard will let you know when it is running low on battery life.
From 100% to 6% the battery LED will be green.
|From 5% and below, the battery LED will be red. You can continue using your device for one month when the battery is low.|
Install Logitech Software
Download Logitech Options+ to customize your keyboard and benefit from all of the useful shortcuts and other possibilities it has to offer. To download and learn more about the full range of features, click here.
How to customize your keyboard with Logitech Options +
- Download and install Logitech Options+. Click here to download the software.
- An installer window will pop up on your screen. Click Install Options+.
- Once Logitech Options+ is installed. A window will open and you will be able to see an image of your keyboard. Click on it.
- You will be taken into a quick onboarding process that shows you how to customize your keyboard. We highly recommend not to skip it.
- Once you finish, you can start your customization:
KEYBOARD: Click on the Keys button on the left side of the screen.
- For example, to customize your keyboard functions keys, click on any of the keys that you wish to customize.
- Simply click on the function you like to set on that button/key from the options that appear on the right side of the screen and you are done!
When you install Logitech Options+ software you will also get on-screen notifications for some actions you do on your keyboard.
When your keyboard or mouse reaches 5% of battery left you get a battery notification on the screen.
Press Fn + Esc to swap between Media keys and F-Keys. We’ve added a notification to let you know you’ve swapped.
NOTE: By default, the keyboard has direct access to Media Keys.
Caps Lock Notification
Besides the LED on your Caps Lock key lighting up, you will have an on screen notification to show you when you have Caps Lock function activated.