In G HUB Version 2022.3.242300, we updated how macros are executed with the goal of improving game integrity in multiplayer games. We tested over 100 games to ensure that macros still worked as intended.
After the release of 2022.3.242300, a small number of games wouldn’t allow G HUB to execute macros properly. We are working on a solution for these affected games.
In the meantime, we've identified a workaround. If macros no longer work in your game, make sure that G HUB and the game are running with the same privilege level. If a game is running with elevated privilege, you will need to run G HUB as Administrator. If a game is running without elevated privilege, you will need to run G HUB normally.
NOTE: This may not resolve the issue for all games or applications.
To verify if your game is running with elevated privileges:
- Launch the game and return to the Windows Home Screen.
- Right-click on the taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, click on the Details tab.
- In Details, right-click on the top row and click Select columns.
- Scroll down and check Elevated then click OK.
- Locate the game and see if it shows Yes or No under Elevated.
If the game shows Yes, G HUB will need to run as Administrator to have elevated privileges. If the game shows No, launch G HUB as normal.
How to run Logitech G HUB as Administrator
- Right-click on the taskbar and then click on Task Manager to verify that G HUB is not running.
- In Task Manager, check if any of the following processes are running under the Processes tab:
- Logitech G HUB
- LGHUB Agent
- If any of these running, right-click on them and click End task.
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Locate Logitech G HUB in your Start menu and right-click on it.
- Hover your mouse over More and then click on Run as administrator.
You can use macros once G HUB and the game are running on the same privilege level.
Macros still don’t work with Logitech G HUB and the game running on the same privilege level
If you followed the steps above and macros still aren’t working, please submit a support ticket with the name of the game and the privilege level the game runs at. We will work with game developers to try and find a solution for these games.