I have opened a ticket with Logitech, but I wanted to see if anyone here had a quicker solution for a Circle doorbell going offline continuously. I have two doorbells in-hand from Apple and both exhibit the same problem, which is that the camera loses connection and generally remains unresponsive until I reset and try again.
- I have the doorbell installed directly (no chime) to a new 16VAC/30VA transformer, which is not shared with any other devices. I can pair the doorbell just fine using the Home app on my phone.
- I can get the doorbell connected (without the chime) initially, but after a short time the doorbell will blink green, indicating a connection issue. It usually never reconnects. When it does connect, it works like it should with video and push notifications. It does not stay connected for long.
- I have 6 ethernet-wired Google Wifi routers throughout my home and the nearest one is within 5 feet of the door where I have the doorbell installed.
- I made sure that the doorbell was initially connected to the closest wifi mesh point, so I do not understand why it could have a connection issue UNLESS the doorbell was moving from the nearest wifi point to a much further one for some reason.
- I have 15 “Hubs” in my home (HomePods/Apple TVs), so there would not be an issue with that, either.
Anyone get help from Logitech for something like this? I have a short window in which to return the doorbells I purchased and I am hoping there is a solution.
Please sign in to leave a comment.