Accessory Not Found when attempting to add Circle View Doorbell to HomeKit
My Circle View Doorbell that previously worked but constantly overheated has been disconnected for a few weeks and since that time I've:
- Updated my Eero Pro 6 mesh wifi name and password
- Removed the doorbell from the Home app (while it was disconnected)
- Upgraded a 16v transformer (only showing 14.4v at the doorbell) with a 24v version
Now I'm unable to add my doorbell back to my Home app, even after going through the reset instructions. Here are the many things I've done:
- Plugged the doorbell into several different micro USB cables and power bricks (including a 12v iPad brick) while holding the button down until it flashed purple, released the button, heard 2 beeps and watched as it eventually gets to a solid green (indicating it is ready to pair)
- Forced my Eero network to a temporary 2.4GHz only mode before attempting the above
- Added a second Eero Pro 6 as a separate wifi network using the old network name and password hoping my doorbell would reconnect (though it's been reset, so that didn't work), then ran setup once my iPhone was on that old network
- Removed my HomeKit home and created a new one in the Home app, then ran setup
- Disconnected all 3 potential Home Hubs (4th gen AppleTV, 2 HomePod Minis) before running setup
- Reset single HomePod mini and left it connected when running setup
I'm pretty frustrated at this point, it's been the better part of the day and I've gotten nowhere. I've also noticed that holding my iPhone 12 Pro near the doorbell when it's showing a solid green LED does not start any sort of HomeKit setup process, I have to physically scan the QR code on the back.
Every time I attempt setup I get the HomeKit error: "Accessory Not Found"
Yes, my iPhone is right next to the doorbell (powered via USB). Yes, I'm close to my Eero Pro 6 router.
Any suggestions here?
I cringed when purchasing from Logitech yet again. It’s pathetic that there is no answer in this thread and this a very common problem it seems with EERO 6 routers. (Another product I regret purchasing). This is frustrating…where is Logitech staff to answer this since no one in community seems to be answering?!?!
Please sign in to leave a comment.