If you experience that some or all the keys on Rugged Combo 4 / Touch do not work, please try the following:
Reconnect your device to the iPad and test the keyboard:
- Make sure the Smart Connector on the iPad, inside the cover, and the detachable keyboard are clean and free of debris.
- Verify that the iPad is in the case properly so that the Smart Connector aligns.
- Place the iPad to allow the Smart Connector to attach.
If the issue persists, perform a soft reset of your iPad. To perform a soft reset:
- Press and hold the power button and the home button until the iPad restarts and the Apple logo appears.
- After rebooting, confirm that your keyboard is connected to the iPad and then test it.
Make sure your iPad is up to date with the newest iPadOS. Rugged Combo 4 / Touch requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- Plug your iPad into power and connect to the internet with WiFi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and then Install and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the updates are installed, the iPad will restart.
- Confirm that your keyboard has successfully connected and then test it.