A new Apple HomeKit Secure Video compatible firmware 8.2.43 is now available for supported Circle 2 cameras (in Beta).
Visit the logitech support site to learn more about converting Circle 2 to Apple HomeKit Secure Video and address any other questions you may have about the process.
The link can be found here - https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023265434#secure
Users who do not have cameras converted to support HomeKit Secure Video but are interested in doing so:
- This will be the default firmware that new cameras being converted to support HomeKit Secure Video will be updated to. It does not need to be requested via our support channels.
The process is still a one way conversion. After converting your camera to support HomeKit Secure Video you will no longer be able to set up or use this camera in the Circle app on iOS, Android or Web. This also means that your Circle Safe subscription and the associated features will not work. Other integrations such as Alexa and Google Home will not work. Learn more about the process here:
Users with cameras already on HomeKit Secure Video firmware:
- This update will be rolled out automatically in the coming week to all online cameras. It does not need to be requested via our support channels.
- If you are using a HomeKit enabled router, you must ensure that your settings are set to 'No Restriction' or 'Automatic' for this update to be installed. Learn more about this by visiting this link - https://support.apple.com/guide/home/configure-a-router-hme76f51a4f3/mac
Firmware release highlights:
1. Circle 2’s PIR based "Occupancy Sensor" is accessible in HomeKit for advanced users.
- In the Home App - it can be used as an alternative to the motion sensor for automations and notifications (not recordings).
- This sensor only works in areas where the camera’s view is unobstructed (will not work when the camera is placed behind a window).
2. Circle 2’s ALS based “Light Sensor” is accessible in HomeKit for advanced users.
- In the Home App - it can be used to view light level values in LUX.
3. Other bug fixes and improvements.