When someone visits your home and rings the Circle View Doorbell button, you can choose to get notified through a ring on your wired indoor chime through the Chime Kit and on your different Apple Devices.
To have your Circle View Doorbell ring the indoor chime, make sure that this is enabled in the Home app and set to the right mode in the Chime Kit.
If you are not hearing your chime ring as expected, please see the troubleshooting guide.
The system is designed to play the ringing sound/melody on most analog and digital chimes.
- When the doorbell button is pressed, the chime is rung.
- While a chime ring is in progress, even if a visitor rings the button again, the indoor chime will not ring, allowing a better experience for people at home to better handle "button mashing".
- Most analog chimes have short rings based on mechanical movement of rods, striking plates, or other surfaces to produce the sound and can be run fairly frequently.
- Digital chimes play melodies of varying lengths through speakers. Circle View Doorbell connected a digital chime can ring a melody every 15 seconds and support melodies of up to that length.
There are some key features designed to let you control your indoor chime ringing experience.
- The Apple Home app allows you to digitally enable/disable the ringing of the wired indoor chime for times when you do not want the whole house to be disturbed by someone at the door:
- Open the Circle View Doorbell live view.
- Tap the settings icon on the top left — this should bring up the settings menu for the doorbell.
- Toggle Chime Doorbell off.
NOTE: Turning off the chiming doorbell does not affect the sound that comes from the Circle View Doorbell unit itself as this is designed for the guest to know that they have successfully rung the doorbell.
- The Chime Kit has the ability to permanently disable the indoor chime, by moving the selector switch to the Off position.
NOTE: You still need to wire the system to the chime Kit for it to work safely and correctly.
In addition to being able to ring your indoor chime, the Circle View Doorbell is integrated seamlessly into Apple HomeKit to deliver notifications of your guests' arrival across your different Apple devices with rich notifications for each use case.
Learn how to set up notifications for your Circle View Doorbell on your Apple Devices here.
If you have an Apple HomePod, you can also choose it to notify you through a ring when someone is at the door and presses the Circle View Doorbell button.
You can also access your Circle View Doorbell on your supported and connected AppleTV from your tvOS's Control Center. Learn more about that here.